RDS: DO NOT ALLOW CLIPBOARD REDIRECTION- THE POLICY EXPERT
The “Do not allow Clipboard redirection” setting specifies whether to prevent the sharing of clipboard contents (clipboard redirection) between a remote computer and a client computer during a Remote Desktop Services session.
You can use this setting to prevent users from redirecting clipboard data to and from the remote computer and the local computer.
*If the status is set to Enabled, users cannot redirect clipboard data.
*When Disabled, Remote Desktop Services always allows clipboard redirection (this is the default behaviour).
*If the status is set to Not Configured, clipboard redirection is not specified at the Group Policy level. However, an administrator can still disable clipboard redirection using the Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration tool.
HOW TO CONFIGURE:
In Windows 2016, these settings are controlled within Group Policy.
- Launch ““.
- Navigate to “” > “ ” > “ ” > “ ” > “ “.
- Ensure “” is set to “ “.
- Open ““.
- Select “” Services.
- Select ““.
- Select ““, then choose “ “.
- Under the “” tab, ensure the “ ” and “ ” are disabled.
- Launch “” from the server.
- Under ““, right-click the connection and select “ “.
- Select the “” tab, and make sure the “ ” box is checked. If you don’t want to allow copying and pasting of files, make sure the is checked. Click when done.