1. How many digits of the DNIC (Data Network Identification Code) identify the country?
A. First three B. first four
C. First five D. first six
2. A station in a network forwards incoming packets by placing them on its shortest output queue. What routing algorithm is being used?
A. hot potato routing B. flooding
C. static routing D. delta routing
3. Frames from one LAN can be transmitted to another LAN via the device
A. Router B. Bridge
C. Repeater D. Modem
4. Which of the following condition is used to transmit two packets over a medium at the same time?
A. Contention B. Collision
C. Synchronous D. Asynchronous
5. You have a class A network address 10.0.0.0 with 40 subnets, but are required to add 60 new subnets very soon. You would like to still allow for the largest possible number of host IDs per subnet. Which subnet mask should you assign?
A. 255.240.0.0 B. 255.248.0.0
C. 255.252.0.0 D. 255.254.0.0
6. What are the most commonly used transmission speeds in BPS used in data communication?
A. 300 B. 1200
C. 2400 D. 9600
7. Telecommunications networks come in a wide range of speed and capacity capabilities. Select the best fit for answer:
A. Bandwidth alternatives B. Switching alternating
C. Inter organizational networks D. Extranets
8. Which of the following statements is correct?
A. characteristic of the hub architecture of ARC-net is alternative routing.
B. characteristic of LAN is unlimited expansion
C. characteristic of LAN is low cost access for low bandwidth channels
D. characteristic of the hub architecture of ARC-net is directional zed transmission
9. A modem is connected in between a telephone line and a
A. network B. computer
C. communication adapter D. serial port
10. In a synchronous modem, the receive equalizer is known as
A. adaptive equalizer B. impairment equalizer
C. statistical equalizer D. compromise equalizer
11. Alex is required to provide information on how many people are using the network at any one time. Which network will enable him to do so?
A. Server-based B. Token-Ring
C. Ethernet D. Star
12. Now-a-days computers all over the world can talk to each other. Which is one of the special accessories essential for this purpose?
A. Keyboard B. Modem
C. Scanner D. Fax
13. Which of the following is not an scripting language?
A. HTML B. XML
14. Which of the following is a platform free language
A . Fortran B . Assembly
C. C D. Java
15. A digital signature is
A. scanned signature
B. signature in binary form
C. encrypting information
D. handwritten signature
16. A computer system that permits multiple users to run programs at same timeA. Real time system
B. Multi programming system
C. Time sharing system
D. Multi tasking system
17. A computer communication technology that provides a way to interconnect multiple computer across short distance is
A. LAN B. MAN
C. WAN D. Wireless network
18. Telnet is a service that runs
A. Television on net B. Remote programC. Cable TV network D. Tele next
19. A device that forwards data packet from one network to another is called a
A. Bridge B. SwitchC. Hub D. Gateway
20. which of the following is the fastest media of data transfer
A. Co-axial Cable B. Untwisted Wire
C. Telephone Lines D. Fiber Optic
21. Tool that is used to transfer data/files among computers on the Internet
A. FTP B. Archie
C. TCP D. Gopher
22. HTML is a
A. Programming Language
B. Scripting Language
C. Web Browser
D. Network Protocol
23. Secret-key encryption is also known as
A. Asymmetric encryption
B. Symmetric encryption
D. Private encryption
24. The concept of electronic cash is to execute payment by
A. Credit Card
B. ATM Card
C. Using computers over network
25. SMTP is a
A. Networking Protocol
B. Protocol used for transferring message between end user & Mail Server
C. Protocol used for smart card message interchange
D. Encryption Standard
26. Digital Signature is
A. Scanned Signature on Computer
B. Code number of the sender.
C . Public Key Encryption.
D. Software to recognize signature.
27. Telnet is a
A Network of Telephones
B Television Network
C Remote Login
D Remote Login.
28. the internet is
A. Network of networks
B. Web site.
29. An e-business that allows consumer to name their own price for products and services is following which e-business model?
30. Kerberos is an encryption-based system that uses
A. Secret key encryption
B. Public key encryption
C. Private Key encryption
D. Data key encryption